Peanut Noodle Soup
The most wonderful bowl of soup to warm up with on a cold day
- 2 egg noodle nests
- 5 oz (150gr) button mushrooms* see notes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 14 oz can (400ml) coconut milk full-fat
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp ginger puree
- 2 tbsp peanut butter* see notes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- squeeze of lime
- 1 handful of salted peanuts
Quarter the mushrooms and chop the bell pepper into medium sized pieces.
Heat a drizzle of oil in a large sauce pan and saute the mushrooms and bell pepper until softened for about 3 minutes. Add the ginger puree and saute for another minute.
Pour the coconut milk, peanut butter, stock powder and water into the pan and stir until everything is combined. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Stir in the noodles, soy sauce and a squeeze of lime and simmer until noodles are soft enough to eat. (3-5 minutes) Add a splash of water if the soup gets too thick.
Share between bowls and and garnish with peanuts.
* We used button mushrooms for this recipe, but feel free to use other mushrooms.
* Love the bite from the little bits of peanut? Use chunky peanut butter. You can also opt to use smooth or creamy peanut butter.