This recipe is for those who are after something super simple, a quick to throw together meal – it takes just 20 minutes to get on the table.
This veggie Thai green curry recipe features zucchini and carrots in a delicious green coconut sauce. You can of course make your curry paste totally from scratch but we used a store-bought curry paste instead – simply because some ingredients are difficult to find and time-consuming to prepare. So while this recipe is not perfectly authentic, it’s a lot easier to make!
And if you’re into all the Thai goodness, here are some more recipes to keep you full and happy:
Veggie Thai Green Curry
- 5.5 oz (150gr) basmati rice
- 1 large carrot
- 1 zucchini
- ½ lime
- 2 tbsp green curry paste* see notes
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 0.8 cups (200ml) coconut milk
- a bunch of cilantro
- Rinse the rice a few times until the water is almost clear. Add 1 cup (230ml)of water and the washed rice to a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on. Turn off the heat and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Don’t open the lid.
- Slice the carrot in thin rounds and chop the zucchini in chunks.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan and add the carrot and zucchini. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes. Then add the curry paste and chili flakes, stirring often, for a minute to release flavors.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan and stir until everything is combined. Reduce the heat and simmer until the carrot and zucchini are tender and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Divide rice and curry into bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime for freshness.