Broccoli isn’t everyone’s favorite food, but cheese makes everything better. Broccoli bites are a great way to sneak more vegetables in to our menu. To get started with this recipe you will just need a few basic ingredients and less than 30 minutes of your time. It can be eaten on a salad, in a sandwich, with rice, or snack with your favorite dipping sauce.
Cheesy Baked Broccoli Bites
- 2 cups (350gr) of broccoli florets (1 medium head of broccoli)
- ½ cup (70gr) shredded cheddar cheese* see notes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg* see notes
- ⅓ cup of diced onion (1 small onion)
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Chop the broccoli, onion and garlic into chunks, throw in a food processor and pulse for 10-15 seconds until everything is finely chopped* (see notes)
- Next, add the cheese, egg, breadcrumbs and season with salt & pepper. Blitz again briefly until the mixture starts coming together. It should still be grainy and NOT completely smooth.
- Finally, form 12 small balls (they will flatten in the oven), place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flip over and bake for another 10 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through.