In this holy month we spend a lot of time thinking about food, talking about food and searching for recipes.
I guess we all agree that Iftar would not be complete without a nourishing soup.
Do you have no idea what kind of soup you should make today? Coming up with your own recipe is challenging and making the same soup over and over gets boring.
We have selected our favorite vegetarian soup recipes, and no matter what flavor you’re carving, we’ve got you covered! From a smoky sweet potato- to a chilled avocado & cucumber soup.
All recipes on this list are delicious, easy to make, meatless and extremely healthy.
With its many different types and flavors, it’s not only a delicious tradition, but also offers many health benefits:
- Starting with a soup at Iftar is soothing and easy on the empty stomach, and further prepares the body for the meal to follow.
- Soups are loaded with all sorts of nutrient dense goodies such as vegetables and legumes. The healthy way in which soups are prepared help preserve all their nutritional value in the cooking water and maintain its richness in vitamins, minerals and proteins.
- They are rich in water, which helps the body hydrating after a long day of fasting
- Soups are super easy to prepare, can be made ahead of time and freeze well. Be sure to cook double the amount and save leftover for a busy day, so you can enjoy them anytime for Iftar or Suhoor.
- Herbs and spices not only carry flavor, they also have amazing health benefits; garlic, ginger, turmeric, peppercorns, cinnamon, cumin, coriander and chillies.
CURRIED BEET SOUP WITH TANDOORI CHICKPEAS
Just 30 minutes from start to finish // Served with crispy tandoori-roasted chickpeas // Quick, hearty & curry-spiced
TURKISH RED LENTIL SOUP
One of the most popular soups in the Turkish cuisine // With a squeeze of fresh lemon // Easy, light & vegan
LEBANESE GREEN SPLIT PEA SOUP
Healthy way to eat more greens // Made with traditional Middle Eastern seasonings // Delicious, thick & creamy
ROASTED RED PEPPER + TOMATO QUINOA SOUP
Packed with nutritious ingredients // A twist on a traditional tomato soup // Vegan, filling & smokey
CHILLED AVOCADO & CUCUMBER SOUP
Made with only 5 simple ingredients // A refreshing cold soup // Light, fresh & raw
WHITE BEAN + KALE SOUP
Packed with carrots, potatoes, beans and kale // Super healthy and easy peasy // Nutrient-rich, hearty & comforting
BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
Does not contain heavy cream // Packed with healthy vegetables // Creamy, satisfying & gluten-free
SMOKY SWEET POTATO SOUP
The perfect way of eating sweet potatoes // With a savory smokiness // Flavorful, fiber-rich & seriously delicious
Super fast and easy to make // Healing with power-foods like turmeric // Cozy, super yummy & GOLDEN
We hope we inspired you to give your traditional soup a break this Ramadan and try out one of these amazing soup recipes.
What is your favorite soup during Ramadan? Does your family has an absolute favorite?
Please let us know in the comments section below which soup we should add to this list!